27 November 2012

lover gist

10th Grade
As I sat there in English class, I stared at the girl next 2 me. She was my so-called "best friend"
I stared at her long, silky hair. I wished she were mine, but she didn't notice me like that & I knew it.
After class she walked up 2me & asked me for the notes she had missed the day before, & I handed them 2 her.
She said "thanks" & gave me a kiss on the cheek. I wanted 2 tell her. I
wanted her 2 know that I don't want 2 be just friends. I love her, but I'm just 2 shy & I don't know why.
11th Grade
The phone rang. It was her on the other end. She was in tears, mumbling on & on about how her love had broke her heart. She asked me 2 come over because she didn't want 2 be alone, so I did.
As I sat next 2 her on the sofa, I stared at her soft eyes, wishing she was mine.
After 2 hours, a Drew Barrymore movie, & three bags of chips, she decided 2go 2 sleep. She looked d at me, said "thanks," & gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want 2 tell her. I want her 2know that I don't want 2 be just friends. I love her, but I'm
just 2 shy. & I don't know why.
12th Grade
The day before prom she walked 2 my locker. "My date is sick," she said.
?He's not going 2 go.? Well, I didn't have a date & in 7th grade we made a promise that if neither of us had dates we would go 2gether just as "best friends," so we did.
Prom night, after everything was over I was standing at her front door step.
I stared at her. She smiled at me & stared at me with her crystal eyes.
I want her 2 be mine, but she doesn't think of me like that, & I know it.
Then she said, "I had the best time, thanks!" & gave me a kiss on the cheek.
I want to tell her. I want her to know that I don't want to be just
friends. I love her, but I'm just 2 shy. & I don't know why...
Graduation Day
A day passed. A week passed. A month passed. Before I could blink, it
was graduation day.. I watched as her perfect body floated like an angel up on stage 2 get her diploma. I wanted her 2 be mine, but she didn't notice
me like that, & I knew it. Before everyone went home, she came 2 me in her
smock & hat, & she cried as I hugged her. Then, she lifted her head from my shoulder & said,
"You're my best friend, thanks!" & gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want 2
tell her. I want her 2 know that I don't want 2 be just friends. I love her, but I'm just 2 shy. & I don't know why...
A Few Years Later
Now, I sit in the pews of the church. She is getting married, now. I watched her say, "I do" & drive off 2her new life, married 2another man. I wanted her 2be mine but she didn't see me like that, & I knew it. But before she drove away, she came 2 me & said, "You came!" She said, "Thanks!" & kissed me on the cheek. I want 2 tell her. I want her 2 know that I don't want 2 be just friends. I love her, but I'm just too shy. & I don't know why...Funeral
Yrs passed, & I looked down at the coffin of the girl who used 2 be my best
friend." At the service they read a diary entry she had written in her high
school years.
This is what it read:
?I stare at him wishing he were mine. But he doesn't notice me like that,
& I know it. I want 2 tell him. I want him 2 know that I don't want 2 be just friends. I love him, but I'm just 2 shy, & I don't know why. I wish he would tell me he loved me... ?
I wish I did too... I thought 2 myself, & I cried.mic&vic say sooooooo......kudos

No comments:

Post a Comment