15 July 2013

Tyson Gay dropped by Adidas after failed drugs test

, Sportswear manufacturer Adidas has dropped one of its sponsorship of sprinte Tyson Gay after the American failed a drugs test. below is how bbcsport reported it ... An out-of-competition test completed by Gay in May tested positive, according to the US Anti-Doping Agency. "We are shocked by these recent allegations," a spokesman for Adidas said on Monday "Even if we presume his innocence until proven otherwise, our contract with Tyson is currently suspended." Gay, 30, is the joint-second fastest man ever over 100m. He is also the fastest man in the world this year and won gold in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m at the 2007 World Championships. The sprinter is awaiting the results of his B sample, and said on Monday: "I don't have a sabotage story... I basically put my trust in someone and was let down. "I know exactly what went on, but I can't discuss it right now. "I hope I am able to run again, but I will take whatever punishment I get like a man." News of Gay's positive test emerged on the same day fellow sprinter Asafa Powell was also revealed to have failed a drugs test. too bad for gay what a wasted years of his Carrier

No comments:

Post a Comment