27 January 2014

I Fasted 10 Months To Become Rivers State Governor – Gov Rotimi Amaechi

Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State while at the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, in Igwuruta, Ikwerre Local Government Area of the state, yesterday revealed that he fasted for 10 months, 6 a.m. to 6p.m., to become governor of the state.
He said:
"I will evangelise. I know most people will be surprised because I am not a pastor. So, in this case, I am part of the evangelism. One of the ways I have evangelised is to repeatedly tell people my past experience of God's intervention, when I fasted for 10 months, 6am-6pm, praying to God to come down.
That was how I became governor. I went to court. Instead of the court to say, Amaechigo and contest election, the court said Amaechi go and be the governor of Rivers State. And because I make public my experience, a lot of people now believe that if they focus on God, God will hear their prayers. So, I am also evangelising by testifying to the public about the glory of God in my life.
We have employed more teachers. We are doing bio-metric registration exercise and that is why we are going to pay them next month. We shall pay them by installments until the arrears are cleared. I will continue to serve the poor, I will not compromise on service delivery.
What I want you (Christians) to do is to pray for all of us as a state so that we can come out of the crisis plaguing the peace of the state. Please, also pray for those who have not received Christ to repent and change from their evil ways."

No comments:

Post a Comment